By Lorianna Kastrop, Vice President, The Kastrop Group, Inc. Architects
As more and more people have become accustomed to finding what they need on the internet, we are getting more of our clients from online referrals as well as in-person networking. In the past, I used to say that you don’t hire a doctor, a lawyer, an accountant, or an architect by looking at an ad. Usually for these highly skilled and licensed professions, you wanted to get a referral from someone you really trust. Perhaps you knew these professionals personally through your professional or technical associations, service groups, or faith community. Now, I’ve changed my tune. More and more, people just click online to find someone and they trust review sites for referrals. That’s the reality of our current high-tech culture, especially in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As a result, we take pride in our online presence and reputation. We have put a lot of thought into our website. We don’t just post pretty pictures of completed projects. We don’t just buy online ads or create “click bait”. Anyone can do that, regardless of their knowledge and skill. Instead, our approach is to let you know our level of professionalism by giving you information, as well as examples, so that you can become an educated consumer in the world of design and construction.
We recently completed a redesign of our website, not really for cosmetic reasons, but instead to make it easier to navigate and find the information you need quickly. We also want you to be able to communicate with us more easily. Here are a few of the changes that we’ve made:
- more Testimonials displayed, with the addition of an online form for past clients to use for posting
- work page & work samples reformatted, including 6 showcase projects for each of our design categories (Residential, Commercial, Public) with their story and tons of new photos to explore for each, along with new Before & After transformation slideshows
- more frequent Twitter posts to share information from other online design resources.
- home page slideshow updated
- minor formatting changes to the Home and Contact pages for convenience
Check out the updated website at www.kastropgroup.com. If there is something that you would really like to know, feel free to send us a message via our “Contact” page. We promise to respond promptly. I always like to receive suggestions or questions for blog articles! Thank you for taking the time to read our blog, and we hope that you will refer us to your online communities.